Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Anna's Circus Act

Recently, in true dilettante spirit, I have been dabbling. It all started with charlieissocoollike's video about learning to juggle. I have always wanted to learn to juggle, but never succeeded. I was inspired, and a little jealous, but I did nothing about it. Then one fine summer evening, I spent the night at Kristen's house. As we are very unusual people, this was not your run-of-the-mill giggle and tell secrets and paint each other's toenails and talk about our feelings sleepover. Aside from the fact that we fell asleep reading the constitution on her iPad as a bedtime story, at one point she handed me juggling balls as she left the room and said, "practice." So I did. For two hours.
Now, after a great deal of practice, I can successfully juggle. Not well, not for an obscenely long time, and I can't do any tricks, but I can confidently say that I can juggle now.

My current endeavor: learning to unicycle. This one is going to take a lot more practice.

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment